There are individuals who, unfortunately, fraudulently obtain points using a number of different methods. As a result, Maholla has had to put systems and procedures in place to detect such behaviour. This is done to ensure that the maximum amount of points and savings can be given to our wonderful and honest Maholla users, always.
These are some common reasons for accounts being frozen:
- Scanning the same receipt over and over again
- Scanning a receipt that is not yours (or is not indicative of your own personal purchase) -- see Ownership Discrepancy
- Editing, folding or modifying a receipt
- Creating fake receipts
- Having multiple accounts on one device
- Creating fake accounts to receive referral bonuses
- Changing non-partner items to partner items on receipt review submissions.
- Scanning receipts from a business purchase
Please refer to the Terms of Service for additional information around Maholla account suspensions. If you believe your account suspension was an error, please reach out to us.